Sunday, September 30, 2007

RTM 1 Islamic programs

During Ramadan months, I love to tune in to RTM1 especially late night whereby there are interesting programs such as TERAWIKH LIVE @ Mecca and also the INTERACTIVE recitation of the Quran (TILAWAH AL-QURAN) whereby participants (non-Qari professionals like me) can recite the Holy Quran thru the phone and an Ustaz will give marks and comments. The winner has some interesting prizes like watch RM1000, digital camera, handphones... I really applaud the RTM for doing such programs to encourage people to brush up their reading and be actively with AL-Quran and not let The Holy Quran collect dust in one corner of the house. Hope this kind of program will last not only during Ramadan but I hope non-ramadan months as well.

Some people may comment that it is riak or whatever negativity that relates to this program but let's just discard all the NEGATIVITY and just concentrate on the POSITIVE ones...

I love to watch Islamic programs like Hifz competitions during non-ramadan months, I just hope that there will be more...more and more such programs PLEEEASE. For Singaporeans like me who cannot get RTM 2 or other channels and depend solely on RTM1 for religious programs...(of course we do buy lots of Islamic vcds/dvd too!)

And when watching the terawikh live in Mecca, just wish could be there to experience the terawikh and fasting, just being and doing with the arab people. And the imams are al-Hafiz subhanallah....Theirm elodious voice and the smooth recitation of Al-Quran page after page...WOWs me everytime... Felt like as if there is a tiny Quran within their brains...Hmm..

Really perks me up whenever I felt low and lazy to memorize and revise my old surahs. Just listen to them and the jemaah of millions of people behind them, really motivates u. cos u will be wishing, I hope one day I will be able to recite the Holy Quran like that just by memorizing them...insya-Allah.

It is said memorizing when young is like engraving on a stone, memorizing when old is like engraving on water...

But do not despair, the recent Tahfiz seminar, there is a grandpa age 50 or is it 70+ anyway he has memorized about 16-17 juz ?!!! And my previous classmate is a granny of age 60+ has been able to memorize one ain every week (about 3+ pages) and me at that time is still struggling for just half a page every week..Subhanallah...

If I never revise my old Surahs, definitely it will "run" like the camel who has broken free from its master....I MUST FORCE myself...to revise at least 1 juz every day...One time, i heard my ustaz saying that if u have memorize, its best to "wajibkan" makes it compulsory for oneself to MEMORIZE 1 juz/ the appropriate amount which u will not forget to do. If u ever do forget, then "qadha" the juzuk/surahs ASAP... like when u cannot pray/accidentally forget to pray e.g overslept, u have to "pay back" by praying that prayer so is the same as this...

If u forget to do ur "obligatory surahs" which u often revised systematically everyday then make up for it as soon as possible before, it disappears completely...

alahu 'alam..

2 comments:

syahmitoo said...

Salam,there was one hafiz told that, when you read it with a loud voice, it is much more effective.. I`ve done most part of my memorization by training my brain to hear the sound loudly as i believe that it will engraved into my mind subconsciously.
It works.

Somebody have done such a noble work by cutting an audio of ayat into a small portion of it.

http://www.muslimshowbiz.com/memorize/Downloads/Quran/

New post for your blog.Hope you`ll always updating your blog. I found it very motivational just by looking at your progress.

Lina Masrina said...

Yeah U are definitley RIGHT! I have to read it out loud in order to memorize. r else, it cannot register in my mind. And u got to repeat 40 times or more for beginners like me . As time goes, u can lessen...

Wow! Great site! Thanks for the tip!Thks for visiting!