Friday, July 4, 2008

Rusty crusty brain...

Wow! today is the D-Day ...the day of Hadith memorisation. Was given 2 simple hadith and I got stuck at the second one. It was perfectly fine when I was "Rehearsing" on my own. But as I face Ustaz, my hands became clammy, the heart beat very fast, I began to panick! ARGH! Suddenly I've forgotten what I'm supposed to recite in front of the teacher! ARGH!!!

Since Im an old bird, I felt that I should be better than others (the beginners) and that I should show good example thus the pressure piled up as I slowly walked to the mosque. But end up, I plonked !

Nevermind that, I have to work harder. I just had to learn to relax...breathe in and out ..perhaps should read lots and lots of supplications...

Oh by the way,
fyi : The Taqwiyatul Hifz solat (on Thursday but its night is called "friday night"), recite: Yasin first rakkaat, then Ad-Dukhan then salam. Third rakaat recite as-sajadah and then al-mulk for the last rakaat.

Yesterday was the first time ever, I tried doing it. It was tough. First time, I had to go thru a long period of standing in prayer. But I felt relieved that I am able to do it . Alhamdulillah. I had doubts as to whether I can withstand the whole solat. But somehow I did it. Alhamdulillah.

I nearly did not because even my wall clock gave up on me. I kept waking up seeing the clock was only 12.45am.(battery died @12.45am) Luckily someone woke me up at 5am. Its tough for a lady to get 3 weeks of taqwiyatul hifz (due to pms) continuously and if I miss even 1 week, there goes my chance!

There is one doa/supplication that our teacher ask us to memorise (Esp. for hifz students). I like it when i read its meaning. Will post it later insya-Allah.

My brains are just spinning the whole 2 days. Ate panadol, sleep well but then the brains are still crammed. Rusty perhaps...or need some sort of engine oil to smoothen the dry joints...hehhe!! Warming up...

No comments: